Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
Retail Price: $49
Available: TooFaced.com, Sephora, Ulta
I would like to thank Too Faced for making my dreams come true. Eyeshadow and chocolate…two of my favorite things…together in a palette?! Yes! The best part of this palette is that it smells like chocolate! Makes sense because the eyeshadows are made from real cocoa powder. If you like neutrals, browns, and good pigmentation, this palette to me is worth the money. There are 16 shades total. Some mattes, shimmer, and satin finishes. Most colors are very neutral colors. Included are two big highlight shades in a matte ivory and pink champagne. I got a good deal on this palette in January when Too Faced launched it. I got it from HSN for $31. The retail price is $49 so I must say I got a hell of a good deal on this baby. Check out the pictures below to see more.
First I apologize for such a late post. A new semester has started and things just got busy. But in January, I received my Ipsy Glam Bag! And let me tell you, it was not my favorite. I have been subscribed since November and January’s bag was a let down. I also apologize for only capturing one picture. I was just excited to test everything out.
- Nourish Organic Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion – This was a small sample of moisturizer. It contained I believe about 0.5 oz. The cream really is lightweight. When I applied it, it didn’t feel greasy or sticky. However, I wasn’t a fan of the citrusy smell which is why I hated reaching for it. The smell was awful to me. While it’s an okay moisturizer, I wouldn’t purchase it in full size because it did not do anything spectacular to my skin.
- Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Mask – Another small sample of conditioner. This came in a jar and I used it for a total of four times. I left it in my hair for about 5 minutes before rinsing it off. My hair is super dry and damaged and this conditioning mask helped it a little bit.
- Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Pencil (Pearl) – I got this pencil in the pearl shade which is a light, shimmer champagne color. I wasn’t really a fan. It’s a very skinny stick and made of plastic, which you can sharpen. You can however use this as a highlight, or eyeshadow in the corner of your eyes. Or maybe on your waterline.
- MicaBeauty Tinted Lip Balm (Fiesta) – This “lip balm” is more like a lip stain or lipstick in a jar. It is not moisturizing like a balm should be. In fact, it actually made my lips look more dry. However, the color is very pigmented. One swipe is all you need. Fiesta is purply color and gives a nice matte finish. But when I wore this, I used a lip gloss over it and the color lasted a long time on my lips.
- Proactiv+ Mark Fading Pads – And the worse product in the glam bag goes to these useless little foil packets. These mark fading pads of course did nothing and I wasn’t expecting it to work any miracles on my skin. My dark spots are obviously still dark. Oh and there were no clear instructions on how to use them. I hate Proactiv.
So there you go. 5 products and I only liked 2 (lip balm and hair mask). January, Ipsy did focus on a lot of skincare items. I am not that fond of skin care products since my skin is super sensitive and acne-prone, I really have to be careful what I put on my face. Anyway, I wouldn’t had paid the $10 if I knew I was getting these items in my bag. 😦 Hoping for a better bag in February!
To sign up for Ipsy: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1gu1