It’s time for my favorite post! Presenting the March glam bag. I received mine on Saturday and I thought the shipping time was a few days late. Oh well, I’m just happy to finally receive it! Ok so first let’s talk about the bag. The design is funky and different. I think it will grow on me. The texture feels like those plastic table cloths. This month, we only receive four items in the glam bag. Its usually 5 things, but whatever. There are a few things that I really like from my bag this month.
- bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick (Get Ready) – Love this lipstick! It’s a deluxe sample size and it’s just so cute! It’s a beautiful neutral pink color. Very wearable. The lipstick is creamy and goes on smoothly. I’m really excited to use this most likely everyday this month. That’s how much I love it.
- NYX Love in Rio Eyeshadow (Barefoot In The Sand) – I already own one of the Love In Rio eyeshadow trio in En Fuego and wasn’t really impressed by it. But I am happy that I got this neutral color palette. It’s a matte cream, sparkly taupe, and matte taupe/gray. I know in the picture it looks very gray. The pigmentation is okay, but it’s very neutral on the eyes. It’s natural looking for those days that you don’t want to look like you are wearing eyeshadow. Another hit in my bag though.
- Chella Indigo Blue Eyeliner – A liquid eyeliner and first product from the Chella brand. I never really wear blue eyeliner before. So I am excited to try something new. It’s very blue and doesn’t smudge at all.
- Pixi Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer – I have too many primers right now so this is going into my unused makeup stash. I’ll use it when I finish my other tubes of primer. 🙂
Another great bag Ipsy! Looking forward to April.
To sign up for Ipsy: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1gu1
I was super excited to see my Sephora package come in the mail yesterday! It has been awhile since I ordered anything from Sephora online, so I was reallllly happy. I purchased mostly skincare items and the makeup items are mostly samples. My skin has been so terrible lately and I’m not sure why. It’s always had acnes but it’s just getting worse everyday. I just hope it clears up soon. One of the three free samples I picked was a cute little Buxom lip cream. Not a foil packet so that’s always a plus! But keep reading to see what I purchased. 🙂
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – $12.00. It’s basically a moisturizer and I needed one because I was running low on my Sephora Instant Moisturizer. Haven’t used this yet but I’m really excited to try it because it’s my first time trying anything from this brand. I’ve heard good things about it so fingers crossed!
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser – $10.00. This is the small 3 oz. bottle size.
- Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Oil-Free Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Cleanser – $21.00. Most expensive item from this haul. I am praying that this stuff works because I want clear skin! I need a cleanser that really does a good job cleaning and clearing up my acne and bumps. I have used this and so far, it’s okay. It doesn’t foam up as much but I am still having high hopes for it.
- boscia Clarifying Detox Mask – $12.50. I have never used these type of wash off masks before. But I did tested this out the same night it came and I like it! I might have to use it some more too see a difference though.
Those are all the items I purchased! The rest is a Make Up For Ever Birthday gift set because it’s my birthday month! I got a pretty mini lipstick and mascara. The Tarte Maracajua Oil is a free deluxe sample (the ones where you enter a code in). The Smashbox Photo Finish primer is a sample I redeemed for my 100 points mark. And the rest are the three free samples. I got a Buxom lip cream, YSL gloss, and Katy Perry perfume sample.
I bought these sample mascaras by Too Faced because of all the hype I’ve been hearing, especially on YouTube. It is their “Better Than Sex” mascara. I’ve tried it on a few times and let me tell you if it lives up to it’s name or not! Lol.
These are the small travel size ones. The full size I believe are $23 on the Too Faced website and Sephora. The wand is quit big and that is something I don’t really like. I would prefer a smaller wand just for easier application. The mascara did give me volume but I did have to use 2 or 3 coats of it. It got a little clumpy. I noticed that after curling my lash, it didn’t hold my curl up like my Maybelline mascaras did. That was the biggest let down because that’s what I want the most in a mascara. For it to hold a strong curl! Sadly, this mascara didn’t do that. After a few hours, there were some flakiness, but nothing drastic.
Taking the mascara off was also a pain because all the black flakes kept getting in my eyeball. The mascara doesn’t feel like it’s glued to your lashes though. I guess because I used so many coats of it that it was hard to take all of it off.
Overall, I wouldn’t repurchase this. I’m going to use up the two bottles I have now. There are just so many better drugstore brands mascara that I don’t think this is worth spending over twenty dollars for. Have you guys tried it? What do you think of the Better Than Sex mascara?
I don’t see a lot of reviews on the makeup remover wipes at Dollar Tree. I don’t know why because I think they do the job just fine! I have been using them for a few months now and it has given me no problems.
So makeup removers are kind of expensive. Before finding these I would use the elf or Olay wipes. But they only contained 20 wipes for around $3. That wouldn’t even last me a month because I wear makeup pretty much everyday. So when I saw these at the Dollar Tree, I thought I’d buy one just to see if it works. They were only a dollar anyway and for 40 wipes. These makeup remover wipes are good! They take off my makeup and they are long so I can easily fold them too. Also, they smell good! I like gently fragranced wipes and these smell pretty nice. Basically, if you want more bang for your buck I would really check these out. There’s no way I’m spending more than a dollar anymore for only 20 wipes.
My February Ipsy bag came a little late this month, but that’s okay. The spoilers for March starts Monday and I feel like I haven’t used all of my Feb products enough yet. But I gotta say that I had a great bag this month and can’t wait to tell you about it! The theme for February was “Look of Love.” All of the products were perfect for Valentine’s Day. There were lots of makeup and I was very happy with my bag.
- Zoya Nail Polish (Dot) – This is a very pretty light pink! I am very happy I got this color because it’s very girly but natural on my nails. I use about 3 coats to get the color how I like. Then I wait awhile for it to dry before topping it off with a top coat. This is also the first Zoya nail polish I tried and I love it. I believe it retails for about $6 or $8? Not sure but it’s very worth it!
- POP Beauty Pump Pout Mini (Peony Petal) – I haven’t found myself enjoying this lip gloss too much. The shade I received was okay. More pigmented than I thought. It’s a pink that is a bit darker than my lips I believe. It’s definitely not a sticky texture at all so you won’t have to worry about that. Doesn’t last as long as I would like either. However, this sample size is pretty generous for it being a sample. I thought it was a full size but it’s just a mini.
- City Color Be Matte Blush (Fresh Melon) – This matte blush is huge! The fresh melon color is a beautiful pink coral shade. Be careful though! It’s very pigmented so don’t load your brush with too much product. I’m still trying to see if this blush is easily blendable or not. The first time I put too much of it and it was pretty hard to blend. So I think if I brush the color on lightly, it would be easier to apply. The only downside is that it contains mineral oil in it and I’ve heard that’s pretty bad. But I’m still doing research on that claim. Oh and City Color cosmetics is pretty cheap so you can can get this blush on their website for about 3 bucks.
- Tini Beauty Eyetini Cordial Cream Shadow + Base In One (Ambrosia) – This stick is an eyeshadow or it could also be used as an eyeshadow base. The color I got, Ambrosia is so me! I am so glad I got this one. It’s a purply/grayish color with some shimmer in it. It’s beautiful and the shadow is so easy to apply and blend! I will definitely be using this more often now.
- IPKN NY Moist & Firm BB Cream (Light) – The sample I got in this was very tiny so that was a bit of a let down. It’s also more light-medium but I found that it works. The undertone is very warm and yellow. I’ve used this two times and I will say that the coverage is amazing. The texture and medium to almost-full coverage is honestly no different from foundation. I even think this is better named as a foundation. It has SPF 45 in it but doesn’t give a white cast in flash photos at all! I would totally repurchase this but it costs about $35 online. I do think that I will end up purchasing it though because I really do like this bb cream.
The bag for this month is also pretty cute. It’s pink and has cheetah prints on the inside. How adorable! My bag’s value was definitely over $10 and it’s been my favorite bag so far since I’ve subscribed in November. Thanks for reading and looking forward to March glam bag!
To sign up for Ipsy: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1gu1