Hello! I have been so busy lately with finals and projects. It is my senior year of college after all, so I am getting pretty busy. Thank God there is only 1 more week of school. After next Wednesday, I am free forever! But then I have to start working full time lol. Anyway, here is my April glam bag! This month was okay. There wasn’t anything that I was in love with like my February bag. That one was still my favorite. This month’s theme is “Beauty Rocks” and basically a rock star theme. The bag is okay. By the way, still trying to find some more uses for all my ipsy bags!
- Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide On Pencil (Black) – I believe this is actually my first ever Urban Decay product! At first, I was so excited to get this travel size pencil. Urban Decay and black eyeliner? Can’t enough of it. However, this was a total let down. The eyeliner sucks so bad! It’s meant for smudging to create a smoky look, but it’s just a hot mess. It goes on not that creamy, pretty dry but not too dry. But the worst park is the flaking. Holy flakes! Black dots all over my under eyes. All over the inside of my eyeballs! After wiping all the dots away, which is annoying because it smudge), I continued to get flakes under there throughout the day. Seriously, my cheap drugstore pencil eyeliners are better than this. People all over ipsy community are raving about this and I don’t know why. Because if this didn’t have UD brand on it, I wouldn’t think it was. I feel like throwing this out because I don’t wanna go through the messy trouble of wearing this.
- Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm (Apple Pink) – This “lip balm” is similar to the Mica one I got in the January bag. Don’t be fooled thinking this is a lip balm because it isn’t. It’s just a lipstick in a pot. I do like the soft color, matte finish, and the brush. Not a fan of the packaging though.
- Elizabeth Mott pop! goes the shadow (Champagne) – Full size, single eyeshadow in a very wearable color. I’ve only worn this once and used it as a brow bone highlight. You could probably use this on the cheeks too. I really like the tiny cute packaging of it!
- dr. brandt microdermabrasion – I love receiving skin care products because I know I will use it up. This cream is an exfoliant with a citrusy smell. I do love it and use it on my face 1 or 2x a week. Looking forward to see the results!
- St. Tropez Gradual Tan Plus Anti-Aging Multi-Face – A tanning lotion for the face and first St. Tropez item. I’ve heard of this brand before. Since summer is coming up, this could probably be put to good use.
And that’s it! I like the skin care items in this bag the most.
To sign up for Ipsy: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1gu1
Lorac Pro Palette
Retail Price: $42
Available: loraccosmetics.com, Ulta, HSN
My boyfriend asked me what kind of palette I wanted and I e-mailed him my Ulta wish list! Out of the four that I had, he picked the Lorac Pro palette and I am so glad that’s what I got! I have been eying this thing for awhile now and many Youtubers and beauty bloggers highly recommended this palette. It has a total of 16 shades, 8 mattes and 8 shimmers. I did my first eye look today with it. So far, I really like the pigmentation and blendability (just made that up). It is powdery so be very careful dipping your brush in it and tapping it off. See pictures below of my new love!
I bought these sample mascaras by Too Faced because of all the hype I’ve been hearing, especially on YouTube. It is their “Better Than Sex” mascara. I’ve tried it on a few times and let me tell you if it lives up to it’s name or not! Lol.
These are the small travel size ones. The full size I believe are $23 on the Too Faced website and Sephora. The wand is quit big and that is something I don’t really like. I would prefer a smaller wand just for easier application. The mascara did give me volume but I did have to use 2 or 3 coats of it. It got a little clumpy. I noticed that after curling my lash, it didn’t hold my curl up like my Maybelline mascaras did. That was the biggest let down because that’s what I want the most in a mascara. For it to hold a strong curl! Sadly, this mascara didn’t do that. After a few hours, there were some flakiness, but nothing drastic.
Taking the mascara off was also a pain because all the black flakes kept getting in my eyeball. The mascara doesn’t feel like it’s glued to your lashes though. I guess because I used so many coats of it that it was hard to take all of it off.
Overall, I wouldn’t repurchase this. I’m going to use up the two bottles I have now. There are just so many better drugstore brands mascara that I don’t think this is worth spending over twenty dollars for. Have you guys tried it? What do you think of the Better Than Sex mascara?
I don’t see a lot of reviews on the makeup remover wipes at Dollar Tree. I don’t know why because I think they do the job just fine! I have been using them for a few months now and it has given me no problems.
So makeup removers are kind of expensive. Before finding these I would use the elf or Olay wipes. But they only contained 20 wipes for around $3. That wouldn’t even last me a month because I wear makeup pretty much everyday. So when I saw these at the Dollar Tree, I thought I’d buy one just to see if it works. They were only a dollar anyway and for 40 wipes. These makeup remover wipes are good! They take off my makeup and they are long so I can easily fold them too. Also, they smell good! I like gently fragranced wipes and these smell pretty nice. Basically, if you want more bang for your buck I would really check these out. There’s no way I’m spending more than a dollar anymore for only 20 wipes.