I know your girl has been gone for quite some time. After my last post, I was focused on finishing my senior year in college, graduating, and starting my new job! I am happy to finally settle down and get back to blogging.
I have bought so much makeup in between and cannot wait to share with you! More reviews, hauls, and perhaps a Youtube channel in the future.
Thank you for reading and supporting.
Lorac Pro Palette
Retail Price: $42
Available: loraccosmetics.com, Ulta, HSN
My boyfriend asked me what kind of palette I wanted and I e-mailed him my Ulta wish list! Out of the four that I had, he picked the Lorac Pro palette and I am so glad that’s what I got! I have been eying this thing for awhile now and many Youtubers and beauty bloggers highly recommended this palette. It has a total of 16 shades, 8 mattes and 8 shimmers. I did my first eye look today with it. So far, I really like the pigmentation and blendability (just made that up). It is powdery so be very careful dipping your brush in it and tapping it off. See pictures below of my new love!
It is my birthday today and I turned 22! Woohoo! I haven’t posted in awhile because I’ve been sick and busy. I am also wanting to get a new camera to take pictures with but I am not sure which to get. Currently, I just use my Galaxy S4 phone or Nikon D3000. Sorry for the lack of posts. So I guess I’ll just post a birthday beauty wish list. Basically things that I am eyeing.
- It Costmetics Naturally Pretty Palette – The full name for this palette is actually pretty long. I was browsing Ulta and spotted this thing. I want it because it has all matte eyeshadows and the perfect amount of neutrals, browns, mauves. Those are totally my colors. Plus I have read all positive reviews on it! Definitely a must have but still wondering if I should get it or not.
- GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment – I have been hearing so many great things on the GlamGlow masks. This particular one is for treating acne I believe. I am all into skincare now and would love to try this one out.
- Anastasia Dipbrow Promade – Right now I am using the Elf eyebrow kit to fill in my brows. I like the wax and it’s very natural looking and last a long time. But sometimes, I want a more bolder brow and this Dipbrow might do the job. I am also really getting into brow products. The price for this isn’t all too bad either. I’ll probably get it in Dark Brown.
Those are the three top items on my wish list. 😀
I was super excited to see my Sephora package come in the mail yesterday! It has been awhile since I ordered anything from Sephora online, so I was reallllly happy. I purchased mostly skincare items and the makeup items are mostly samples. My skin has been so terrible lately and I’m not sure why. It’s always had acnes but it’s just getting worse everyday. I just hope it clears up soon. One of the three free samples I picked was a cute little Buxom lip cream. Not a foil packet so that’s always a plus! But keep reading to see what I purchased. 🙂
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – $12.00. It’s basically a moisturizer and I needed one because I was running low on my Sephora Instant Moisturizer. Haven’t used this yet but I’m really excited to try it because it’s my first time trying anything from this brand. I’ve heard good things about it so fingers crossed!
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser – $10.00. This is the small 3 oz. bottle size.
- Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Oil-Free Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Cleanser – $21.00. Most expensive item from this haul. I am praying that this stuff works because I want clear skin! I need a cleanser that really does a good job cleaning and clearing up my acne and bumps. I have used this and so far, it’s okay. It doesn’t foam up as much but I am still having high hopes for it.
- boscia Clarifying Detox Mask – $12.50. I have never used these type of wash off masks before. But I did tested this out the same night it came and I like it! I might have to use it some more too see a difference though.
Those are all the items I purchased! The rest is a Make Up For Ever Birthday gift set because it’s my birthday month! I got a pretty mini lipstick and mascara. The Tarte Maracajua Oil is a free deluxe sample (the ones where you enter a code in). The Smashbox Photo Finish primer is a sample I redeemed for my 100 points mark. And the rest are the three free samples. I got a Buxom lip cream, YSL gloss, and Katy Perry perfume sample.
I bought these sample mascaras by Too Faced because of all the hype I’ve been hearing, especially on YouTube. It is their “Better Than Sex” mascara. I’ve tried it on a few times and let me tell you if it lives up to it’s name or not! Lol.
These are the small travel size ones. The full size I believe are $23 on the Too Faced website and Sephora. The wand is quit big and that is something I don’t really like. I would prefer a smaller wand just for easier application. The mascara did give me volume but I did have to use 2 or 3 coats of it. It got a little clumpy. I noticed that after curling my lash, it didn’t hold my curl up like my Maybelline mascaras did. That was the biggest let down because that’s what I want the most in a mascara. For it to hold a strong curl! Sadly, this mascara didn’t do that. After a few hours, there were some flakiness, but nothing drastic.
Taking the mascara off was also a pain because all the black flakes kept getting in my eyeball. The mascara doesn’t feel like it’s glued to your lashes though. I guess because I used so many coats of it that it was hard to take all of it off.
Overall, I wouldn’t repurchase this. I’m going to use up the two bottles I have now. There are just so many better drugstore brands mascara that I don’t think this is worth spending over twenty dollars for. Have you guys tried it? What do you think of the Better Than Sex mascara?
I don’t see a lot of reviews on the makeup remover wipes at Dollar Tree. I don’t know why because I think they do the job just fine! I have been using them for a few months now and it has given me no problems.
So makeup removers are kind of expensive. Before finding these I would use the elf or Olay wipes. But they only contained 20 wipes for around $3. That wouldn’t even last me a month because I wear makeup pretty much everyday. So when I saw these at the Dollar Tree, I thought I’d buy one just to see if it works. They were only a dollar anyway and for 40 wipes. These makeup remover wipes are good! They take off my makeup and they are long so I can easily fold them too. Also, they smell good! I like gently fragranced wipes and these smell pretty nice. Basically, if you want more bang for your buck I would really check these out. There’s no way I’m spending more than a dollar anymore for only 20 wipes.
My February Ipsy bag came a little late this month, but that’s okay. The spoilers for March starts Monday and I feel like I haven’t used all of my Feb products enough yet. But I gotta say that I had a great bag this month and can’t wait to tell you about it! The theme for February was “Look of Love.” All of the products were perfect for Valentine’s Day. There were lots of makeup and I was very happy with my bag.
- Zoya Nail Polish (Dot) – This is a very pretty light pink! I am very happy I got this color because it’s very girly but natural on my nails. I use about 3 coats to get the color how I like. Then I wait awhile for it to dry before topping it off with a top coat. This is also the first Zoya nail polish I tried and I love it. I believe it retails for about $6 or $8? Not sure but it’s very worth it!
- POP Beauty Pump Pout Mini (Peony Petal) – I haven’t found myself enjoying this lip gloss too much. The shade I received was okay. More pigmented than I thought. It’s a pink that is a bit darker than my lips I believe. It’s definitely not a sticky texture at all so you won’t have to worry about that. Doesn’t last as long as I would like either. However, this sample size is pretty generous for it being a sample. I thought it was a full size but it’s just a mini.
- City Color Be Matte Blush (Fresh Melon) – This matte blush is huge! The fresh melon color is a beautiful pink coral shade. Be careful though! It’s very pigmented so don’t load your brush with too much product. I’m still trying to see if this blush is easily blendable or not. The first time I put too much of it and it was pretty hard to blend. So I think if I brush the color on lightly, it would be easier to apply. The only downside is that it contains mineral oil in it and I’ve heard that’s pretty bad. But I’m still doing research on that claim. Oh and City Color cosmetics is pretty cheap so you can can get this blush on their website for about 3 bucks.
- Tini Beauty Eyetini Cordial Cream Shadow + Base In One (Ambrosia) – This stick is an eyeshadow or it could also be used as an eyeshadow base. The color I got, Ambrosia is so me! I am so glad I got this one. It’s a purply/grayish color with some shimmer in it. It’s beautiful and the shadow is so easy to apply and blend! I will definitely be using this more often now.
- IPKN NY Moist & Firm BB Cream (Light) – The sample I got in this was very tiny so that was a bit of a let down. It’s also more light-medium but I found that it works. The undertone is very warm and yellow. I’ve used this two times and I will say that the coverage is amazing. The texture and medium to almost-full coverage is honestly no different from foundation. I even think this is better named as a foundation. It has SPF 45 in it but doesn’t give a white cast in flash photos at all! I would totally repurchase this but it costs about $35 online. I do think that I will end up purchasing it though because I really do like this bb cream.
The bag for this month is also pretty cute. It’s pink and has cheetah prints on the inside. How adorable! My bag’s value was definitely over $10 and it’s been my favorite bag so far since I’ve subscribed in November. Thanks for reading and looking forward to March glam bag!
To sign up for Ipsy: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1gu1
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
Retail Price: $49
Available: TooFaced.com, Sephora, Ulta
I would like to thank Too Faced for making my dreams come true. Eyeshadow and chocolate…two of my favorite things…together in a palette?! Yes! The best part of this palette is that it smells like chocolate! Makes sense because the eyeshadows are made from real cocoa powder. If you like neutrals, browns, and good pigmentation, this palette to me is worth the money. There are 16 shades total. Some mattes, shimmer, and satin finishes. Most colors are very neutral colors. Included are two big highlight shades in a matte ivory and pink champagne. I got a good deal on this palette in January when Too Faced launched it. I got it from HSN for $31. The retail price is $49 so I must say I got a hell of a good deal on this baby. Check out the pictures below to see more.