I don’t see a lot of reviews on the makeup remover wipes at Dollar Tree. I don’t know why because I think they do the job just fine! I have been using them for a few months now and it has given me no problems.
So makeup removers are kind of expensive. Before finding these I would use the elf or Olay wipes. But they only contained 20 wipes for around $3. That wouldn’t even last me a month because I wear makeup pretty much everyday. So when I saw these at the Dollar Tree, I thought I’d buy one just to see if it works. They were only a dollar anyway and for 40 wipes. These makeup remover wipes are good! They take off my makeup and they are long so I can easily fold them too. Also, they smell good! I like gently fragranced wipes and these smell pretty nice. Basically, if you want more bang for your buck I would really check these out. There’s no way I’m spending more than a dollar anymore for only 20 wipes.
My February Ipsy bag came a little late this month, but that’s okay. The spoilers for March starts Monday and I feel like I haven’t used all of my Feb products enough yet. But I gotta say that I had a great bag this month and can’t wait to tell you about it! The theme for February was “Look of Love.” All of the products were perfect for Valentine’s Day. There were lots of makeup and I was very happy with my bag.
- Zoya Nail Polish (Dot) – This is a very pretty light pink! I am very happy I got this color because it’s very girly but natural on my nails. I use about 3 coats to get the color how I like. Then I wait awhile for it to dry before topping it off with a top coat. This is also the first Zoya nail polish I tried and I love it. I believe it retails for about $6 or $8? Not sure but it’s very worth it!
- POP Beauty Pump Pout Mini (Peony Petal) – I haven’t found myself enjoying this lip gloss too much. The shade I received was okay. More pigmented than I thought. It’s a pink that is a bit darker than my lips I believe. It’s definitely not a sticky texture at all so you won’t have to worry about that. Doesn’t last as long as I would like either. However, this sample size is pretty generous for it being a sample. I thought it was a full size but it’s just a mini.
- City Color Be Matte Blush (Fresh Melon) – This matte blush is huge! The fresh melon color is a beautiful pink coral shade. Be careful though! It’s very pigmented so don’t load your brush with too much product. I’m still trying to see if this blush is easily blendable or not. The first time I put too much of it and it was pretty hard to blend. So I think if I brush the color on lightly, it would be easier to apply. The only downside is that it contains mineral oil in it and I’ve heard that’s pretty bad. But I’m still doing research on that claim. Oh and City Color cosmetics is pretty cheap so you can can get this blush on their website for about 3 bucks.
- Tini Beauty Eyetini Cordial Cream Shadow + Base In One (Ambrosia) – This stick is an eyeshadow or it could also be used as an eyeshadow base. The color I got, Ambrosia is so me! I am so glad I got this one. It’s a purply/grayish color with some shimmer in it. It’s beautiful and the shadow is so easy to apply and blend! I will definitely be using this more often now.
- IPKN NY Moist & Firm BB Cream (Light) – The sample I got in this was very tiny so that was a bit of a let down. It’s also more light-medium but I found that it works. The undertone is very warm and yellow. I’ve used this two times and I will say that the coverage is amazing. The texture and medium to almost-full coverage is honestly no different from foundation. I even think this is better named as a foundation. It has SPF 45 in it but doesn’t give a white cast in flash photos at all! I would totally repurchase this but it costs about $35 online. I do think that I will end up purchasing it though because I really do like this bb cream.
The bag for this month is also pretty cute. It’s pink and has cheetah prints on the inside. How adorable! My bag’s value was definitely over $10 and it’s been my favorite bag so far since I’ve subscribed in November. Thanks for reading and looking forward to March glam bag!
To sign up for Ipsy: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1gu1
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
Retail Price: $49
Available: TooFaced.com, Sephora, Ulta
I would like to thank Too Faced for making my dreams come true. Eyeshadow and chocolate…two of my favorite things…together in a palette?! Yes! The best part of this palette is that it smells like chocolate! Makes sense because the eyeshadows are made from real cocoa powder. If you like neutrals, browns, and good pigmentation, this palette to me is worth the money. There are 16 shades total. Some mattes, shimmer, and satin finishes. Most colors are very neutral colors. Included are two big highlight shades in a matte ivory and pink champagne. I got a good deal on this palette in January when Too Faced launched it. I got it from HSN for $31. The retail price is $49 so I must say I got a hell of a good deal on this baby. Check out the pictures below to see more.
First I apologize for such a late post. A new semester has started and things just got busy. But in January, I received my Ipsy Glam Bag! And let me tell you, it was not my favorite. I have been subscribed since November and January’s bag was a let down. I also apologize for only capturing one picture. I was just excited to test everything out.
- Nourish Organic Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion – This was a small sample of moisturizer. It contained I believe about 0.5 oz. The cream really is lightweight. When I applied it, it didn’t feel greasy or sticky. However, I wasn’t a fan of the citrusy smell which is why I hated reaching for it. The smell was awful to me. While it’s an okay moisturizer, I wouldn’t purchase it in full size because it did not do anything spectacular to my skin.
- Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Mask – Another small sample of conditioner. This came in a jar and I used it for a total of four times. I left it in my hair for about 5 minutes before rinsing it off. My hair is super dry and damaged and this conditioning mask helped it a little bit.
- Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Pencil (Pearl) – I got this pencil in the pearl shade which is a light, shimmer champagne color. I wasn’t really a fan. It’s a very skinny stick and made of plastic, which you can sharpen. You can however use this as a highlight, or eyeshadow in the corner of your eyes. Or maybe on your waterline.
- MicaBeauty Tinted Lip Balm (Fiesta) – This “lip balm” is more like a lip stain or lipstick in a jar. It is not moisturizing like a balm should be. In fact, it actually made my lips look more dry. However, the color is very pigmented. One swipe is all you need. Fiesta is purply color and gives a nice matte finish. But when I wore this, I used a lip gloss over it and the color lasted a long time on my lips.
- Proactiv+ Mark Fading Pads – And the worse product in the glam bag goes to these useless little foil packets. These mark fading pads of course did nothing and I wasn’t expecting it to work any miracles on my skin. My dark spots are obviously still dark. Oh and there were no clear instructions on how to use them. I hate Proactiv.
So there you go. 5 products and I only liked 2 (lip balm and hair mask). January, Ipsy did focus on a lot of skincare items. I am not that fond of skin care products since my skin is super sensitive and acne-prone, I really have to be careful what I put on my face. Anyway, I wouldn’t had paid the $10 if I knew I was getting these items in my bag. 😦 Hoping for a better bag in February!
To sign up for Ipsy: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1gu1
Hi everyone! My name is Quinn and this is my blog. Over the few months, I’ve realized that I am addicted to beauty related things. I love watching beauty videos on youtube, shopping for new makeup, and looking at subscription boxes. It is an obsession really. And I like to share my obsession with the web. Here I post reviews and pictures of my beauty purchases. I hope you will find them interesting. Feel free to contact me for questions & suggestions.