Hello! I have been so busy lately with finals and projects. It is my senior year of college after all, so I am getting pretty busy. Thank God there is only 1 more week of school. After next Wednesday, I am free forever! But then I have to start working full time lol. Anyway, here is my April glam bag! This month was okay. There wasn’t anything that I was in love with like my February bag. That one was still my favorite. This month’s theme is “Beauty Rocks” and basically a rock star theme. The bag is okay. By the way, still trying to find some more uses for all my ipsy bags!
- Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide On Pencil (Black) – I believe this is actually my first ever Urban Decay product! At first, I was so excited to get this travel size pencil. Urban Decay and black eyeliner? Can’t enough of it. However, this was a total let down. The eyeliner sucks so bad! It’s meant for smudging to create a smoky look, but it’s just a hot mess. It goes on not that creamy, pretty dry but not too dry. But the worst park is the flaking. Holy flakes! Black dots all over my under eyes. All over the inside of my eyeballs! After wiping all the dots away, which is annoying because it smudge), I continued to get flakes under there throughout the day. Seriously, my cheap drugstore pencil eyeliners are better than this. People all over ipsy community are raving about this and I don’t know why. Because if this didn’t have UD brand on it, I wouldn’t think it was. I feel like throwing this out because I don’t wanna go through the messy trouble of wearing this.
- Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm (Apple Pink) – This “lip balm” is similar to the Mica one I got in the January bag. Don’t be fooled thinking this is a lip balm because it isn’t. It’s just a lipstick in a pot. I do like the soft color, matte finish, and the brush. Not a fan of the packaging though.
- Elizabeth Mott pop! goes the shadow (Champagne) – Full size, single eyeshadow in a very wearable color. I’ve only worn this once and used it as a brow bone highlight. You could probably use this on the cheeks too. I really like the tiny cute packaging of it!
- dr. brandt microdermabrasion – I love receiving skin care products because I know I will use it up. This cream is an exfoliant with a citrusy smell. I do love it and use it on my face 1 or 2x a week. Looking forward to see the results!
- St. Tropez Gradual Tan Plus Anti-Aging Multi-Face – A tanning lotion for the face and first St. Tropez item. I’ve heard of this brand before. Since summer is coming up, this could probably be put to good use.
And that’s it! I like the skin care items in this bag the most.
To sign up for Ipsy: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1gu1
I was super excited to see my Sephora package come in the mail yesterday! It has been awhile since I ordered anything from Sephora online, so I was reallllly happy. I purchased mostly skincare items and the makeup items are mostly samples. My skin has been so terrible lately and I’m not sure why. It’s always had acnes but it’s just getting worse everyday. I just hope it clears up soon. One of the three free samples I picked was a cute little Buxom lip cream. Not a foil packet so that’s always a plus! But keep reading to see what I purchased. 🙂
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – $12.00. It’s basically a moisturizer and I needed one because I was running low on my Sephora Instant Moisturizer. Haven’t used this yet but I’m really excited to try it because it’s my first time trying anything from this brand. I’ve heard good things about it so fingers crossed!
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser – $10.00. This is the small 3 oz. bottle size.
- Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Oil-Free Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Cleanser – $21.00. Most expensive item from this haul. I am praying that this stuff works because I want clear skin! I need a cleanser that really does a good job cleaning and clearing up my acne and bumps. I have used this and so far, it’s okay. It doesn’t foam up as much but I am still having high hopes for it.
- boscia Clarifying Detox Mask – $12.50. I have never used these type of wash off masks before. But I did tested this out the same night it came and I like it! I might have to use it some more too see a difference though.
Those are all the items I purchased! The rest is a Make Up For Ever Birthday gift set because it’s my birthday month! I got a pretty mini lipstick and mascara. The Tarte Maracajua Oil is a free deluxe sample (the ones where you enter a code in). The Smashbox Photo Finish primer is a sample I redeemed for my 100 points mark. And the rest are the three free samples. I got a Buxom lip cream, YSL gloss, and Katy Perry perfume sample.
My February Ipsy bag came a little late this month, but that’s okay. The spoilers for March starts Monday and I feel like I haven’t used all of my Feb products enough yet. But I gotta say that I had a great bag this month and can’t wait to tell you about it! The theme for February was “Look of Love.” All of the products were perfect for Valentine’s Day. There were lots of makeup and I was very happy with my bag.
- Zoya Nail Polish (Dot) – This is a very pretty light pink! I am very happy I got this color because it’s very girly but natural on my nails. I use about 3 coats to get the color how I like. Then I wait awhile for it to dry before topping it off with a top coat. This is also the first Zoya nail polish I tried and I love it. I believe it retails for about $6 or $8? Not sure but it’s very worth it!
- POP Beauty Pump Pout Mini (Peony Petal) – I haven’t found myself enjoying this lip gloss too much. The shade I received was okay. More pigmented than I thought. It’s a pink that is a bit darker than my lips I believe. It’s definitely not a sticky texture at all so you won’t have to worry about that. Doesn’t last as long as I would like either. However, this sample size is pretty generous for it being a sample. I thought it was a full size but it’s just a mini.
- City Color Be Matte Blush (Fresh Melon) – This matte blush is huge! The fresh melon color is a beautiful pink coral shade. Be careful though! It’s very pigmented so don’t load your brush with too much product. I’m still trying to see if this blush is easily blendable or not. The first time I put too much of it and it was pretty hard to blend. So I think if I brush the color on lightly, it would be easier to apply. The only downside is that it contains mineral oil in it and I’ve heard that’s pretty bad. But I’m still doing research on that claim. Oh and City Color cosmetics is pretty cheap so you can can get this blush on their website for about 3 bucks.
- Tini Beauty Eyetini Cordial Cream Shadow + Base In One (Ambrosia) – This stick is an eyeshadow or it could also be used as an eyeshadow base. The color I got, Ambrosia is so me! I am so glad I got this one. It’s a purply/grayish color with some shimmer in it. It’s beautiful and the shadow is so easy to apply and blend! I will definitely be using this more often now.
- IPKN NY Moist & Firm BB Cream (Light) – The sample I got in this was very tiny so that was a bit of a let down. It’s also more light-medium but I found that it works. The undertone is very warm and yellow. I’ve used this two times and I will say that the coverage is amazing. The texture and medium to almost-full coverage is honestly no different from foundation. I even think this is better named as a foundation. It has SPF 45 in it but doesn’t give a white cast in flash photos at all! I would totally repurchase this but it costs about $35 online. I do think that I will end up purchasing it though because I really do like this bb cream.
The bag for this month is also pretty cute. It’s pink and has cheetah prints on the inside. How adorable! My bag’s value was definitely over $10 and it’s been my favorite bag so far since I’ve subscribed in November. Thanks for reading and looking forward to March glam bag!
To sign up for Ipsy: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1gu1